Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Children's Book Recommendations and Reviews

In preparation for Thanksgiving lesson plans, I pulled out Thanksgiving: A Time to Remember by Barbara Rainey and then searched the web for some appropriate children's books.

I bought five new books, which are listed below. When I began my search I wanted books in several categories. I wanted a child appropriate, historically accurate retelling of the Pilgrim story, a true-to-history (NOT politically correct) account of the Indian involvement with the Pilgrims, and books describing different types of family Thanksgiving celebrations.

The following books are what I ended up buying. If you click on the cover pictures you will be taken to bookstore websites. If you click on the title under the picture you will be taken to my review of the individual book.


The Thanksgiving Story by Alice Dalgliesh

Mary's First Thanksgiving by Kathy-jo Wargin

Give Thanks to the Lord by Karma Wilson

No comments: